Monday, March 25, 2013

H&M Conscious Collection

H&M's spring wear arrived in my nearest store at the beginning of this week, and I'm glad to announce that a large part of that is H&M Conscious.
Nature inspired, greens and blues feature heavily in this new range, along with lots of flowery, vine-y prints. This fits in perfectly with the message H&M are trying to put across - be conscious! The garments in the Conscious range are made of sustainable fibres, often 100% recycled, and when you're finished with them, you can hand them back to H&M to recycle (and receive a voucher for your troubles!)

The cuts are much more natural also, with lots of flowing necklines and less skintight trousers. Prints and patterns have headed back to the ancient times, with Aztec and animal prints featuring in both their original and colour overdosed forms!

I don't know about you, but the shoe and accessory department also just grew massively! The trend forecasters were right too - you can see Japanese street style seeping through in the platform canvas pumps, chunky heels and studs EVERYWHERE. Personally I'm more of the dainty type, so I think I'll be sticking with the boyfriend cardigans and striped trousers rather than trading in for leather jackets and four-inch platforms!

But while it might not be for me, I still think its a great style that a lot of people can get into!

This season, fashions changed really quickly, from pretty to punk in a few mere weeks, and I'm proud of H&M for taking action in the right direction and becoming Conscious of their actions (and producing an amazing spring collection!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I love to hear your comments, questions and theories! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...